Now that’s school is back, here are some ideas for starting it off right. Please feel free to add to the list!
- It’s important to start out with enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Especially if you’ve been doing this for a long time 🙂
- Make your piano lessons studio your home and all the instruments there your best friends. It may sound a little weird, but after a while, all your practice sessions will bloom. Try adding some flowers to your space or adding a new lamp to your piano.
- As well as being intrepid, always live with the 3Es – Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy. You will develop knowing that hard work has no substitute and complaining is for the lazy.
- Be a savvy pianist, a teacher, and an adventurer. You can choose to read more inspiring books on successful pianists and teachers, view more performance videos, travel more and even try out new method books. All of them are the perfect ingredients for growth.
- Irrespective of who you are, an ideal studio ought to be calm and serene, far from the disturbances out there. Therefore, look around and see what you can add or subtract to make the space more inviting. It will make your families happy as well as you!
- Besides that, you may need to have an ample space so that your studio looks neat and livable. As you start the year, its interior décor must augur with what is “musical” so that the theme isn’t lost. A google search can send you to sites that provide printable artwork in the theme of music education.
- Do some advertisements so that the vicinity knows you. Doing it the conventional poster way as well as online absolutely works. Don’t forget to have all the mandatory licenses as well. I’ve heard some teachers say Facebook Ads are helping them. Have you tried them?
- Consider adding Skype or FaceTime lessons to your studio! It’s a great way to add more students into those times when the locals are at work or at school.